The Choice By Nicholas Sparks

Currently I’m reading The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. So far I love the book and makes me think about my own life. There are quotes that really catch my attention. In the book one of the characters, Travis Parker, says, “You love your family, but you wanted to make your own decisions about who you become, which is why you live here. Even so, you worry your choices will earn your family’s disapproval” (127). Travis says this to Gabby who always wants to please her mother. She managed to grab her own place far from her family. This quotes is saying that most of us grow up and do things to please our parents. Many of us want their approval. We’re afraid to do things because we overthink what would our parents or family members would say. It’s like having them in our concious. We all want that freedom and get away from those people. We want to make chances that doesnt involve the opinion of others and regret taking their opinions into consideration.
Another quote that caught my attention was when Travis Parker states, ” ‘Traveling has less to do with seeing than experiencing them…’ “(117). There are people who travel to just see famous landmarks. There’s nothing bad with that. I believe traveling has to do more with experiencing with the culture. To be able to learn other people’s ways and traditions. That way you get to learn and experience how it is living there. You get that full, unforgettable, and amazing traveling experience. Seeing is just looking at it with your eyes and not having a hands on experience. That’s why Travis Parker says that to Gabby.